DEEP – Digitized Energy Efficiency Portal
DEEP provides property owners, tenants and society with an energy, climate and cost optimizing solution. DEEP’s ability to measure, log, analyze, visualize and control loads in buildings through advanced AI can be used to balance the electricity grid and the local power demand for electricity-intensive industries in southern part of Sweden.
“We wanted to create an easy-to-understand product, with advanced AI technology, to give our customers a versatile tool for system integration of loads in buildings such as HVAC, energy storage and electric vehicle charging stations, to reach lower cost, lower climate impact, an excellent overview and more time for important value-adding things.
After several years in operational excellence and climate-smart real estate solutions, we found that property management could receive valuable support from AI-tools showing where in the property the “low hanging fruits” are found, and automatically improves them.
As we works extensively within ADAS and self-driving vehicles, we feel safe with AI algorithm development. We transfer our Machine learning knowledge to the real estate industry, as it still contributes to almost twice as much climate impact as road transport.
We therefore develop DEEP…”
Niclas Jarhäll, Founder/Owner MBE
Currently, about 35% of the EU’s buildings are over 50 years old and almost 75% of the building stock is energy inefficient, while only 0.4-1.2% (depending on the country) of the building stock is renovated each year.
29% of electricity heated buildings (lokalbyggnader) in Sweden are graded to worst level, level G (>235% over limit).
The total energy efficiency market in European buildings is approximately €74 Billion Euro.
The construction industry generates about 9% of Europe’s GDP and 18 million jobs.
The company together with other SMEs contribute with more than 70% of the value added in the EU building sector.
In times when energy production in Sweden is planned to be transferred from nuclear to renewable, the energy price is expected to increase a moment and the loss of rotational energy creates a bigger need of grid balance support, DSR contracts. The best prepared property owners will act on facts and plan for the smartest energy efficiency solutions in their buildings.
DEEP energy efficiency tool
Together with our Clients, our highly skilled Software Engineers, Computational Scientists, Programmers, Project Managers and System Architects, we develop DEEP. The aim is to optimize energy efficiency and maximize efficient operation in buildings and/or real-time manufacturing processes. Spin-off effects will be a smooth financial value stream for the property owner, easy to reach all buildings by remote installation process, accelerated installation of energy efficient turn key solutions and power grid balance through DSR (Demand Side Response).
DEEP is adapted to each customer’s needs through SaaS services:
- Measure – Monitoring and Diagnosis of deviations – Measure, Visualize, Monitor energy consumption and comparison of KPI’s.
- Control – Energy- and operational optimization in Real-time through AI. Predict energy need through analysis of energy consumption, presence, weather reports, etc. Spread energy consumption “Peak-Shaving” (adjust consumption at particular times) or “Added-Power” (add local electric power at predicted times)
- Identify improvement areas – “Low hanging fruits”. Continuous improvement through self learning AI-systems (Machine Learning/Deep Reinforcement Learning)
- Demand Side Response Contracts, R-DSR (Regional Electric Grid balance).
Some key technology
- Collecting data and controlling values from/to all sensors and regulators through the existing PLC/DUC*, and protocols and interfaces such as API, OPC, Mbus or Modbus.
- We use advanced DEEP learning methods within Machine learning to create a selflearning system in the building or machine.
- Verify Pay-off time for new Turn-key solutions in energy efficient technology by comparison with predicted measurement data. Such as:
- Locally added “electric power hubs”: Short/Long term (Kinetic,Thermal)/(H2)
- Optimized Local Energy Production (PV Solar cells, H2)
- Minimization of Waste Energy (Purified air recirculation).
* Programming in existing PLC are accomplished by certified PLC programmers. Any brand of PLC is valid.
For more information you are welcome contact us at email@example.com